Text and Telephone Banking
With Telebank, you can access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the convenience of your telephone. Telebank allows you to check account balances, hear transaction information, and transfer funds between your accounts*, toll-free from within the continental United States. For your protection, access to your account information is secured by your Personal Identification Number (PIN). We highly recommend that you keep this number confidential and change it regularly. To access Telebank please dial: Toll free: 1.800.566.3280.
*Transfers made using Telebank must be made by 6:00pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) to be posted to your account on that day. Transfers made Monday through Friday after 6:00pm, or on a bank holiday, will be posted to your account on the next business day.
With Text Banking, you can quickly request and receive account information via a text message*. It’s by far the quickest and easiest way to get account information when on the road.
To enroll, login to your online banking account:
- Under Preferences click "Text Banking - Enroll".
- Click the "On" button.
- Enter the mobile device number you wish to register.
- Click the "Agree To Terms" checkbox to acknowledge that you agree to the Text Banking terms and conditions.
- Click "Save".
- An enrollment confirmation will be sent to the device you registered.
- You will be prompted to nickname your text banking accounts.
- Once enrolled, simply send a text to 226563 using the following commands below. A text message will be returned shortly with the information requested.
- Make sure that you add 226563 to your contacts for future use.
BAL or BAL <account nickname> - Receive account balance (if no account nickname is included, the balances for all enabled accounts will be listed)
HIST <account nickname> - Receive account history for the 5 most recent transactions
XFER <from account nickname> <to account nickname> <amount> - Transfer funds between BNH account
LIST - Receive a list of available text commands
HELP - Receive a list of contact points for information on text banking
STOP - Stop all text messages to the mobile devices (for text banking and SMS alerts/notifications)
*Text message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless carrier for details.